Monday, April 9, 2018
Cooking: Making my first basic bone broth
Since our move to Western Massachusetts, we discovered Sutter Meats, a traditional butchery specializing in providing organic, free-range meats to their customers. We've purchased leaf lard which adds a wonderful flavor to home fries, succulent chicken, and on my last trip I bought beef bones to make some basic bone broth.
Over the past few months, I've been saving leftover vegetable scraps e.g. leftover onion, carrots, potatoes, tomato sauce, etc. with the thought of using them in creating the first broth boil. Today, I boiled the leftover vegetable scraps along with the beef bones, apple cider vinegar and water for a little over five hours. I'll let the broth cool tonight and then tomorrow I'll add ground beef, fresh carrots, potatoes, and tomato sauce to create a beef vegetable soup.
Photos forthcoming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment