Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 10th: to Cahir Castle

We had lunch today at The Hermitage House - a special treat for Ruben and I. This restaurant has been recommended to us by the owner of the rental property and several people from the village of Clogheen. We were the only ones in the restaurant and so got to pick which table to eat at.
Ruben and I both chose roast beef and Yorkshire pudding with strawberry mousse for dessert. The mashed potatoes and gravy were delicious. We were also served Irish soda bread which I've never particularly cared for. I told Ruben that the dwarfs in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series carry dwarf bread with them on all their travels because of its multitude of benefits: it can be used as a weapon and, because it is so hard and tastes like cement, you will eat just about anything else in order to avoid eating dwarf bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment